Monday, April 8, 2013

La Roux






24th June 2010. Artist: La Roux Song: Bulletproof. I was blogging one evening, and during the blog I said something along the lines of "People say I look like La Roux with my shorter hair" - I intended to do one line from the song. However, being me, I ended up miming to the first minute etc of the song (The clips with little makeup in the blue top). Watching it back, Rebecca's light bulb sparked on. Before you knew it, I was dressed up and pulling the Mac around my house. At first I did not know I would do as much as I did, I started editing as I was filming and I decided to do the first 2 minutes only. Considering the spontinaity of this video, I feel very happy with the result. I added several effects and colour additions as the original video is very bright and colourful. I really enjoyed making this - although I do not smile in the video. La Roux, rarely smiles.... IMPORTANT! - You need to see the original to understand the video - as in my opinion it is not like my normal ones with meanings etc. Its very visual and based on the original. I did not interpret it as I would have done normally. I hope that makes sense. Here is the original: www.youtube.com She does lots of walking in the video, and unfortunately, due to both myself and the computer lead restrictions, I could only achieve so much. I use my iSight on a Mac to record most of my videos, and I move it around (carefully) on a long extension lead... To make up for camera movement - I added several pans. Lastly ...

No comments:

Post a Comment